Monday, April 27, 2015

LC Live (04.24.15)


Friday was a typical day here in Zakland. I did typical stuff including working and being a parent. Kat, who has a residence of her own about a half block away, came by rather early, and after we picked up my son from the high school, we had coffee but we didn't have time to linger: I had a show to perform at LC Live in Second Life at 5PM. LC Live is owned by a very nice guy named Tyro Hollwood, and he doesn't host a ton of shows there, so it's pretty rare that I get a chance to play his venue. However, when I do, it's always a good time. As I've been doing lately, my focus has been on my band They Stole My Crayon, and I've been using my SL shows to start familiarizing people with the songs we're working on. Despite my being the only musical entertainment at the venue that day, we had a nice crowd who seemed to be having fun. That's all I ask for.

All photos by Kat.


One musical note: for various reasons, I'd never done a Chicago song before now. Let's face it; it's not easy to do a song arrangement where people are used to hearing a bunch of horn players (and a singer in a super high register a la Peter Cetera) while playing solo on an acoustic guitar. But Kat happened to tell me that "Wishing You Were Here" was her favorite Chicago song, and it actually came out much better than I'd thought it would.

LC Live set list...
Carry Me Here and There (They Stole My Crayon)
Pink Moon (Nick Drake)
Behind Blue Eys (The Who)
*Wishing You Were Here (Chicago)
Blew The Dust Away (They Stole My Crayon)
Where Did You Sleep Last Night? (Leadbelly/Nirvana)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
Big Empty (Stone Temple Pilots)
Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)
Things Under Trees (They Stole My Crayon)
Fire and Rain (James Taylor)
Never Run Away (Kurt Vile)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Big thanks to all who came out to see me at LC Live, especially the following who helped support my show!
Triana Caldera, TheaDee Resident, Richy Nervous, RoxxyyRoller Resident, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, Neeria Resident, my manager Maali Beck, and the great hosting staff and management of LC Live including owner Tyro Hollwood!

No comments: