Saturday, November 29, 2014

Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show (11.29.14)


I hadn't done one of my live streaming video shows since March, so I was probably overdue for another episode of the "Zak Claxton Happy Fun Show". It's a one-hour live music extravaganza that I produce and air on Ustream. Unfortunately, I didn't quite manage to hit the "record" button when I got started, so this one will have to live on in the memories of those who were there. Sometimes, music is better that way... being an ephemeral thing that exists only in the moment it's being made.

I should note that this was my first performance of three new tunes, all indicated in the set list below.

ZCHFS set list...
Low Key (Tweedy)
Blew the Dust Away (They Stole My Crayon)
*Beat (Sebadoh)
Pancho and Lefty (Townes van Zandt)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
*Something From Nothing (Foo Fighters)
On A Plain (Nirvana)
Nearly Lost You (Screaming Trees)
Things Under Trees (They Stole My Crayon)
*Antiphon (Midlake)
Shame Chamber (Kurt Vile)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)

Many thanks to the friends/fans who clicked the link and watched me rock! We'll do another ZCHFS soon.

No comments: