Monday, September 29, 2014

Key West (09.26.14)


Playing at Key West in Second Life is always a good thing. Playing there sandwiched in between two of SL's very best and most popular performers is even better. And doing it on a Friday evening when everyone seems to be in a great mood? Well, it's hard to imagine any live performance scenario in a virtual world that's better than that. On Friday night, I had the enviable spot of performing directly after Max Kleene, and right before the duo of Mulder Watts and Voodoo Shilton. I'll just say this: I peeked at the map during my show, and saw there were 67 people gathered around my stage, which is honestly about as good as it gets for me in SL, crowd-wise. Plus, before and after my own show, I got to enjoy some of SL's finest players, which was fun in and of itself.

I've mentioned many times before, though: the size of the crowd is not the most important thing. I prioritize a) doing a good show and b) having a good time, whether there are three people or 93 people in my audience. Fortunately, the mood was upbeat and everyone seemed to be having a good time, self included.

Photos below courtesy of Thea Dee. Thanks Thea!


Key West set list...
Shame Chamber (Kurt Vile)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
September Gurls (Big Star)
Is She Really Going Out With Him? (Joe Jackson)
On A Plain (Nirvana)
Everlong (Foo Fighters)
Blew The Dust Away (They Stole My Crayon)
The Ghost In You (Psychedelic Furs)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Northern Sky (Nick Drake)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Golden Years (David Bowie)
What I Got (Sublime)

Big thanks to all the folks who came out to Key West to rock with me on Friday night, including the following who helped support my show!
LunaelindaBranwen Resident, Voodoo Shilton, Rick Wake, RedHawk Coba, KatnissFlecha Resident, Bronsin Resident, Shannyn Fall, SingerGirl Mode, Richy Nervous, Sesh Kamachi, heavenlei Lexenstar, Rusty Seisenbacher, PhoenixStarr Teardrop, RoxxyyRoller Resident, TheDove Rhode, TheaDee Resident, Christine Haiku, Nancy Lei, Carol Greenwood, my always-great manager Maali Beck, Key West hostess Coreopsis Bluebird, and most of all Key West's lovely proprietor Liz Harley!

No comments: