Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Serene Acoustic Lounge's Afterglow at Hesperia of Templemore (07.24.14)


For my final show that I've finally gotten around to blogging, I performed on Thursday evening at the venue with the longest name ever. I'm not kidding. Are you ready? Yeah, I played at Serene Acoustic Lounge's Afterglow Stage at Hesperia of Templemore in Second Life. It happens to be run by two people who I like very much: my fellow musical friend Barbie Horsley (aka Sassy Nitely) and a newer friend who is also very cool, Luis Lockjaw. I met Luis at the Nashville SL Jam in May, and I've long been an admirer of the entire Hesperia of Templemore sim. Just amazing, well-designed, and beautifully decorated stages scattered around this island. I'd played at Sassy's Serene Lounge before, but not since it moved to Hesperia, and not at this outdoor stage.

As you can imagine, the place was packed with good friends, and the show was completely insane as a result... I like having fun when my friends are around. Since it was Luis' birthday, and since he lives not far from here in Compton (which is a 15 minute drive but a million miles from Redondo Beach, if you know what I mean), I decided to bust out a little gangsta rap in his honor.

Photos above and below by Kat.





Serene set list...
What I Got (Sublime)
I Nearly Lost You (Screaming Trees)
Easy (Commodores)
The Emptiness (They Stole My Crayon)
Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
*Straight Outta Compton (N.W.A.)
Carolina In My Mind (James Taylor)
Shock the Monkey (Peter Gabriel)
Afternoon Delight (Starland Vocal Band)
Are You Experienced? (Jimi Hendrix)
All-Star (Smash Mouth)
Everlong (Foo Fighters)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Huge thanks to all who came out to SALAGHOTSL (hee hee) for a super fun show... and thanks for your friendship and support!
Bigfoot Hendrassen, Christine Haiku, Elke Shepherd, Soulsykk Summers, Sesh Kamachi, Monkey Martian, Kat Claxton, Joel Eilde, Tesla Kuhn, my manager Maali Beck, and most of all Sassy Nitely and Luis Lockjaw!

No comments: