Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"April Showers" Second Life Mini-Tour


Yeah, I know. I'm Mister "I Don't Like To Perform Too Often", and I've expressed my valid reasons for that. However, it's been awhile since I did a nice batch of live shows in Second Life, and I find that it's good for me as a performer to immerse myself in the deep end every so often. This last weekend, I was on the web site of a good independent record label, and glanced in the touring schedule area. There was one poor little band (I forget which one) that was playing Coachella this weekend, then doing shows on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, all in different cities, before returning to perform again for the second weekend at Coachella. I mean, compared to that, can I really whine about setting up some mics, tuning a guitar, and playing for an hour a day?

The answer is yes, I can and perhaps I will, but honestly I find that I'm looking forward to this little mini-tour of SL. I haven't been playing live a lot lately, instead devoting what time I have for musical endeavors to working on my band They Stole My Crayon's debut album. I find there's a cool challenge in making each show an individual experience, and am planning sets that are very tailored for each venue. Also, I should probably mention that there are plenty of musicians in SL who do two or three shows a day, almost every day. That seems like hell to me, but to each his/her own.

So, without further explanation, here's the schedule for my "April Showers" mini-tour of SL. All times are given in SLT, which is the same as Pacific Daylight Time. Click the venue name for a direct link to the respective Second Life location. Each show will have its own vibe, so feel free to come to them all if you can. No two are alike!

Thursday April 10, 5PM: Crystal Gardens City

Friday April 11, 5PM: Key West

Sunday April 13, 1:30PM: Nashville Jam Preview at Hesperia of Templemore

Tuesday April 15, 4PM: Vinyl Cafe

Wednesday April 16, 5PM: The Islands of New England

No comments: