Friday, March 28, 2014

Crystal Gardens City (03.27.14)


I love my Thursday night bi-weekly shows at Crystal Gardens City. First, as I've mentioned previously, I have the pleasure of having the middle time slot between Mark Allan Jensen and FrankLee Anatra. It's a good flow of music from three similar and yet different kinds of musicians, and it's a good time for all. There are a number of people who seem to stick around through all three of our shows, so hats off to you, and to Sandi and Mikal Beaumont for putting the three of us together every other Thursday night.

My show last night went well. Almost all of them do there at the City, regardless of any minor technical problems or the size of the crowd (which was decent; I do the same show for three people as I do for 3,000, so it's fine either way). I tend to perform well when I'm comfortable, and I really feel at home there.

Photo and top photo by Kat.

Crystal Gardens City set list...
Never Run Away (Kurt Vile)
California (Joni Mitchell)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
#9 Dream (John Lennon)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Say Goodbye (Beck)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Birds (Neil Young)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Let My Love Open the Door (Pete Townshend)
Long Time Gone (Crosby, Stills & Nash)

Huge thanks to all who came to the show, especially those who supported it!
Mia Kitchensink, Winter Thorn, Richy Nervous, BuffaloMike Hammerer, Allegra Genira, Cicadetta Stillwater, TheaDee, MAJJackSlade, Kat Claxton, my manager Maali Beck, and Crystal Gardens City owners Sandi and Mikal Beaumont!

No comments: