Saturday, February 15, 2014

Key West (02.14.14)


Love was in the air at Key West in Second Life last night for a special Valentine's Day show. Actually, I have no idea if Liz Harley had intended it to be a night of love songs, but I kind of rolled with the occasion and it seemed like the right thing to do. It also gave me a good excuse to pull out some of my more romantic repertoire for my set, which then led me to the realization that I really don't write many of my own songs about love. Anyway, that didn't matter very much, since I chose to mostly do a bunch of covers by artists who focus more on love than I apparently do.

Key West had put together what I think is a really good lineup of talent for the night. I was the human musical sacrifice at the 5PM hour, notorious for being packed with shows and not always easy to draw a crowd. However, with Max Kleene following me, I needn't have been concerned; his army of followers began arriving during my show, and before long it was a typically great Key West evening. They also hosted Bat Masters and Voodoo Shilton to round out the evening.

Directly after the show, my own valentine Kat came over, bringing the 342 pounds of chocolate I'd given her earlier in the day, and then cooked us some ridiculously good fettucini with fresh scallops. I'd say the entire evening was about as good as it can get.

My valentine dances in front of the stage. Photo and top photo by Kat.

I've literally never had a bad show at Key West. Photo by Kat.

The crowd gets bigger as my set goes on and Max Kleene gets ready to play. Photo by Kat.

Key West set list...
Day After Day (Badfinger)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
My Heart (Neil Young)
Beyond the Blue (Martina McBride)
Is She Really Going Out With Him? (Joe Jackson)
Crazy Love (Poco)
Afternoon Delight (Starland Vocal Band)
Court & Spark (Joni Mitchell)
Creepin' (Stevie Wonder)
I've Been Waiting for You (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Northern Sky (Nick Drake)

Thanks to all who supported my V-Day show at Key West!
kassandragirl, Tabitha Oxide, Diana Renoir, Rusty Seisenbacher, Soulsykk Summers, Kat Claxton, Diana Renoir, sedonajane Silverpath, TheaDee, my manager Maali Beck, and Key West owner Liz Harley!

No comments: