Friday, January 10, 2014

Molaskey's Pub (01.09.14)


I gotta get used to writing "14" on the dates of things. C'mon, it's been almost a week and a half. A little understanding of my discombobulation might be in order here; it's my very busiest time of year in my job... the job that doesn't entail strumming a guitar and singing at people. As I've written about many times in the past, my actual career is doing marketing communications for the musical instrument and professional audio industries, and we're less than two weeks out from the biggest event of the year, something called the NAMM Show. Therefore, and I'm not exaggerating, I haven't had a complete day off work since New Year's Day, and put in 15-16 hour workdays this entire week.

As I mentioned at the start of my show last night at Molaskey's Pub, it was therefore a great feeling to finally get away from my work duties for a short while, and pick up the guitar (which I hadn't touched since the weekend... a long time for me) to play some live music for a crowd of cool people. This show was at the ice rink area of Molaskey's, where I've performed every year since they first put it up, perhaps in 2008 (I could check the archives of this very blog to confirm, but I'm still in busy mode at the moment). It was a fun show; good crowd, and both my guitar and voice were mostly cooperating. I certainly felt better afterwards than I did beforehand! Hopefully the folks listening/watching did as well.

People slip and slide on Molaskey's ice while I slither through a bunch of tunes. Photo and top photo by Kat.

Molaskey's Pub Ice Rink set list...
Pigs on the Wing -- Parts I & II (Pink Floyd)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Free Man in Paris (Joni Mitchell)
Learning to Fly (Pink Floyd)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Mad World (Tears for Fears)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Eleanor Rigby (Beatles)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
Into the Mystic (Van Morrison)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Tea for the Tillerman (Cat Stavens)

Massive thanks to all who supported my show!
KevinMThomas Carpool, Leyah Renegade, Sassy Nitely, Precious Rallier, Maurice Mistwallow, Kat Claxton, Aurelie Chenaux, Joonie Jatho, Triana Caldera, Cicadetta Stillwater, BlurryLines, my great manager Maali Beck, and Molaskey's GM Mia Kitchensink!

No comments: