Friday, October 25, 2013

Molaskey's Pub (10.24.13)


You know, other than the occasional technical issue or other weirdness, all of my live shows are pretty damn good. Some, of course, are better than others, as was the case last night at Molaskey's Pub in Second Life. Once again, it was "Maali's Kids" night at the venue, meaning that the three performers scheduled (Sassy Nitely, myself, and Lyndon Heart in order of appearance) were all managed by Maali Beck Entertainment. I was in a great mood, feeling loose, and gave myself a little extra time to get warmed up, for good reason: I was doing two songs for the first time, and I wanted to do them right.

Another reason for my good mood: Molaskey's was packed. I had people sending me instant messages saying that they wanted to come to the show, but couldn't because the sim was full. You never really know when you're going to have a big crowd like that; it's a crap shoot at best in Second Life. But for whatever reason, last night we had a full house of seemingly happy people. I tend to take the reverse direction of some performers who get more nervous and self-conscious in front of lots of people. I seem to step up my game more in front of larger audiences, and I'm really quite happy with how things ended up at Molaskey's.

Photo and top photo by Kat.

Photo by Kat.

Photo by Kat.

Molaskey's set list...
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)
Carey (Joni Mitchell)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Doin' Time (Sublime)
Northern Sky (Nick Drake)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
*Carolina In My Mind (James Taylor)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Losing My Religion (R.E.M.)
*Chrysanthemum (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Caxton)
Daniel (Elton John)
Tea for the Tillerman (Cat Stevens)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Massive thanks to all the people who made this show fun, especially the following who supported my show!
Lyndon Heart, Richy Nervous, Kat Claxton, Christine Haiku, Sesh Kamachi, Sassy Nitely, Cicadetta Stillwater, Rusty Seisenbacher, Diana Renoir, Aurelie Chenaux, my wonderful manager Maali Beck, and Molaskey's fantastic GM Mia Kitchensink!

No comments: