Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Molaskey's Pub (03.05.12)


Here's something kind of goofy: despite having played at Molaskey's Pub four or five times in the last six months, this was my first solo show there since August 2011. How does that work, you ask? Well, my more recent shows at Molaskey's have all been tandem shows along with my buddy Lyndon Heart, and those have been great (I have another one there with Lyndon coming up next week, on March 15). However, it was great to take the stage at one of SL's best live music venues all by my lonesome again. I really enjoyed being back there and spending a full hour rocking Zak-style.

We had a great crowd turnout, and that can mean a couple of things at a place like Molaskey's. First, it means what you usually expect, in that we had a good number of people show up for the evening's festivities. But it also means that the quality of the crowd was high as well; along with many of my usual Zakster fans, we had a good portion of the audience who were SL veterans. I enjoy seeing noobies at my shows, but there's something particularly cool when you look around and see a majority of names that you've known for 5+ years.

The crowd seemed to dig the show, and I got great feedback on the R.E.M. song I did for the first time. Photo by Kat.


Molaskey's is always a great place to play, every time, without exception. Love it. Photo by Kat.


The show itself went very well. Both my voice and guitar were behaving nicely. At first, I thought I may have picked out a set list that was too full of slow and serious tunes, but it actually worked out very well for the vibe of the show.

Allentown (Billy Joel)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
*Man On the Moon (R.E.M.)
Hurting Each Other (The Carpenters)
Let's Pretend That Everything's Okay (Zak Claxton)
Breaking Us In Two (Joe Jackson)
Perfect Girl (Zak Claxton)
Free Man in Paris (Joni Mitchell)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
After the Goldrush (Neil Young)
Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Big thanks to everyone who made last night's show super fun, including those who helped support my show!
Diana Renoir, Joy Teskat, EvaMoon Ember, Alexis Fairlady, Kat Claxton, Gideon McMillan, TheaDee, Thinkerer Melville, my manager Maali Beck, Molaskey's great hostesses Cicadetta Stillwater and Mia Kitchensink, and Molaskey's owner Katydid Something!

No comments: