Monday, January 2, 2012

Triana's Music Trivia (01.01.12)


Ah, the first show of a fresh new year. As you most likely know (but I'll tell you anyway), Triana's Music Trivia is Second Life's longest-running trivia game, and it's probably the reason that Kat and I decided to stay in SL after our early discovery of it back in 2006. Like many new residents, we found the platform fascinating, but especially in those relatively early times, it was pretty hard to find things to do that were truly fun and entertaining on the grid at that stage. Once we discovered TMT, which was held every Sunday evening, we started developing close friendships with other SL folks from there, and the rest is history. Triana Caldera, who founded and runs the event, has become one of our best pals, and we've had many adventures together both inside SL and in real life excursions.

Anyway, I've performed at TMT many times... it's always fun playing for good friends, and I tend to pull out tunes there that I wouldn't play anywhere else. The way we usually structure it is that Triana moves the event back an hour, and then I perform live during the usual 7PM time slot when the trivia game is played. That's how we did it last night, which (I'm happy to say) marks my third consecutive year as having TMT be my first show of the year. It's a tradition I'm happy to continue.

My darling Kat boogies down next to my silly poster. Photo by Kat.


Nakira Tennen and Alchemy Epstein enjoying the show. Photo by Kat.


MrNoCal Honey, Diana Renoir (nice butt), Triana Caldera, and Jordan Haslett dressed up for the New Year. Photo by Kat.


The always lovely Triana Caldera. Photo by Kat.


At last year's TMT show, I played an entire set of songs I'd never done before, the theme being "New Songs for a New Year". I did a similar thing this year with all of my cover tunes being performed for the first time, but also did a number of originals that were picked by the audience of our friends who know my material well.

Triana's Music Trivia Set List...
Triana (Zak Claxton)
*Leggy Blonde (Flight of the Conchords)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
*Pork and Beans (Weezer)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
*Fast Car (Tracy Chapman)
The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)
*A Million Miles Away (The Plimsouls)
Broken Day (Zak Claxton)
*Everlong (Foo Fighters)
*Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)
Triana Reprise (Zak Claxton)

A great start to rocking SL in 2012. Photo by Kat.


"I remember when Kat and I were new... looking around SL for something to do...". Photo by Kat.


Much love to all of our great friends from TMT, especially Triana Caldera and the folks who helped support my show last night! Kat and I truly love you all!

No comments: