Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Key West (01.09.12)


I really enjoy performing live music at Key West in Second Life, and look forward to each of my shows there. Last night turned out to be as good as any I've played at this picturesque venue run by music lover Liz Harley. Since this was my last show for the next several weeks (I have some real life obligations that will take me out of SL later this month), I'm glad to say it was a good one.

I can always count on Key West for a terrific crowd. Photo by Kat.


We had a nice crowd there when I arrived, since Tukso Okey had played directly before me, and some of his crowd hung out for my show as well, which is always cool. I put on what I consider to be the "standard Zak Show", meaning I pulled out a semi-random mix of cover and original songs that I thought would go well at Key West (I think by now, I know Liz's tastes -- and that of her venue's visitors -- pretty well).

We had a good turnout of Zaksters there at Key West, and it's always good to see all the familiar faces of fans/friends in the crowd. However, one thing I tend to get at Key West that not every venue in SL can deliver is that we end up having new people discover my music, and we get more new fans there who subsequently come to more of my shows. That's about the best thing that a live musician in SL can hope for at any venue, and Key West provides that more often than not.

My view of Key West from the stage. Photo by Kat.


Key West Set List...
I've Been Waiting for You (Neil Young)
Perfect Girl (Zak Claxton)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Games Without Frontiers (Peter Gabriel)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Fire and Rain (James Taylor)
Teach Your Children (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)
Cassidy (Grateful Dead)
Look Out for Me (Zak Claxton)
Nowhere Man (Beatles)
Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)

Huge thanks to everyone who helped support my show!
ThisisCin, EvaMoon Ember, Jordan Hazlitt, cheri Rainier, Aurelie Chenaux, MERLINzz Magic, Diana Renoir, Xerxes Ninetails, TheaDee, Kat Claxton, my terrific manager Maali Beck, and Key West owner Liz Harley!

No comments: