Sunday, April 24, 2011

ROMA (04.23.11)



As any of my long time friends/fans know, I enjoy playing live music at venues in SL that are new for me (as in, I've never played there before). Yesterday, I did exactly that, performing at the massive ancient Roman role-playing sim of ROMA. It was their annual Spring Festival, and they chose me as their entertainment due to the recommendation of my manager, Maali Beck.

It turned out to be a really nicely-designed build, and I did my set on a small stage in the midst of a lovely meadow, which seemed appropriate for springtime in ancient Rome (or anywhere else for that matter). We had a relatively small but fun and enthusiastic crowd, and once again, I was happy with my performance. It always seems like a dice roll as to whether my voice and guitar will decide to do what I want them to; this time, they nicely complied. Also, as I've been doing lately since I started working with Maali, I reached a little deeper into my giant pile o' songs to pull out some stuff I haven't done recently, which was fun.

Diana and Xerxes dance while I sing happy love songs.



ROMA Set List...

Mary Jane's Last Dance (Tom Petty)
Save It for Later (English Beat)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
The Right Thing To Do (Carly Simon)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Just Like This Train (Joni Mitchell)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da (The Police)
Tangerine (Led Zeppelin)
Big Bad Bill (Van Halen)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Change (Tears for Fears)

Real Romans don't wear underwear under their togas. Well, at least I didn't.



Big thanks to all the people from ROMA and all the Zaksters who came to the show and supported me!
Angelia Rees, Alexis Fairlady, Kat Claxton, Xerxes Ninetails, Diana Renoir, TheaDee, Melanippe Karas, ROMA head honcho Torin Golding, and my lovely manager Maali Beck!

No comments: