Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fantasy Faire -- Relay for Life (04.05.11)



You're not seeing double. I performed again, for the second time this week, at the Relay for Life Fantasy Faire in Second Life. I'm not sure what happened to the person who was scheduled to play today at noon, but as they say, shit happens. In any case, my wonderful manager (and cancer survivor) Maali contacted me yesterday to see if there was any possibility I could fill in for this vacant slot, and I was happy to do so. After all, who wants to spend their lunch hour checking sports scores when you could be playing fun music and raising money for a great cause?

Speaking of raising money, this year's RFL events are off to a brisk start. I am very proud to say that while I was performing today, the Fantasy Faire hit a big landmark: $10,000 USD raised! I was very happy about this, as you'd imagine. Please keep in mind that this amazing event, with some of the neatest builds I've ever seen in SL, continues through Sunday 4/10. Go check it out... it's very worthwhile to visit!

Strumming, singing, and badgering people to donate money. All in a day's work. Photos by Diana Renoir.



Today's RFL FF Set List...
Comes a Time (Neil Young)
Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
Perfect Girl (Zak Claxton)
Hunger Strike (Temple of the Dog)
Suite: Jusy Blue Eyes (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Polly (Nirvana)
Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
†A Case of You (Joni MItchell)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)

† I've only done "A Case of You" twice in the past two years. A little treat for RFL.

Thank you SO much to the people who spent time at my show and helped the RFL Fantasy Faire hit a hug e donation milestone! You're all amazing!
Raven Haalan, Diana Renoir, Crighton Johin, KendallQ Resident, Alexis Fairlady, Aisling, Elektra Panthar, Hakeber Resident, Emerald Bijoux, Samia Sweetwater, 111shawn Resident, Joytou Timeless, Igor Ballyhoo, the dozens of folks wandering the sims and making contributions, the lovely hostesses Pinky DeVinna and Joonie Jatho, RFL FF head honchos Zander Greene and Nevar Lobo, and finally, my terrific friend and manager Maali Beck!

No comments: