Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Back to the Studio on Sat 3/19

I'm Zak Claxton, and I approve of these tissues.



In just a couple more days, I'll be doing something that I love to do, and that's recording my music at a great studio with great friends.

On Saturday March 19, Kat and I will head back to Sound Sanctuary Recording Studios in Riverside, CA, where we'll be joined by my co-producer Phil O'Keefe and my good pals Bunny Knutson and Ken Lee. All four of us are multi-instrumentalists, so it's always interesting to see who ends up playing what once we get rolling. I recorded my entire last album at Sound Sanctuary, and was there last May to do a coupe of tracks that are already in the can for my next album. For Saturday's session, we'll be doing two more new songs: "Look Out for Me" and "The Other Way".

I've generally documented each of my sessions with photos and often videos too, and blogged about most of them as well. If you want a retrospective on our sessions at Sound Sanctuary, they're all right here:

March 20, 2008: "This Afternoon" & "Falling Down" (sorry, no blog of this).

June 29, 2008: "You're Like a Cloud" & "Thanks Anyway"

November 15, 2008: "The Sands of Redondo" & "Always Tomorrow"

March 21, 2009: "Waxing Gibbous", "Come Around" & "Lines on Your Eyes"

July 25, 2009: "Fade Away" & "Waiting for This"

August 15, 2009: Overdubs for a few songs.

October 10, 2009: Mixing session for entire first album.

May 1, 2010: "Time Never Waits for You" & "Shine"

No Cold's Gonna Stop Me
As you can probably tell in the pic up top, I have a cold. While that's likely going to mean postponing the recording of vocals, we still have plenty to get down on Saturday for the two new tunes. In a way, it's more of a rock star thing to come back and do vocals at a separate session anyway. But in any case, I'm not going to try and sing through the ton of snot in my head (sorry for the TMI). Once you put your voice down on record, you have to live with it for the rest of eternity, so I'm going to pass on trying to sing just because I'm there. We can easily spend 12 hours making sur the guitar, bass, drums, and keyboards are rocking anyway. And we will!

No comments: