Thursday, February 10, 2011

Report: Zak Live on StreamJam ep. XV (02.09.11)


First off, my apologies for there being no audio/video record of this show. When I signed off my video stream at the end of my show, I was semi-delirious as usual after performing, and somehow I hit a button that said, "Sure, go ahead and erase all the shit you just recorded, you freakin' idiot." In any case, it's probably a good thing... not because it was a bad show (it definitely wasn't), but because I did debut a brand new song, and one's first performance of a tune isn't exactly the one you want captured for all time.

But enough of all that. Last night's StreamJam show was fantastic. One of the things I like the most about doing live shows in an environment as pervasive and accessible as Facebook is the fact that just about everyone can come to the show. Obviously there's the aspect of having attendees from disparate locations around the globe, but since just about everyone has a Facebook account, it's possible for just about anyone -- schoolmates, former teenage hoodlums, old co-workers, and current pals -- to come check out a Zak Claxton show.

I awoke yesterday a little concerned about a soreness in my throat -- we've had a bug rampaging around the neighborhood, inflicting my son with a case of bronchitis -- but by showtime last night, I felt fine, and had no problems hitting the notes I needed. The guitar was cooperating as well. I have no complaints at all, and the thrown-together set list worked out nicely. As previously mentioned, it was also the worldwide live debut of my newest song, "Change the Night", which I'm starting to like a lot.

SJ #15 Set List...
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
*Change the Night (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Black Phoebe (Zak Claxton)
Triana (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Lines on Your Eyes (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates my first ever performance of this song.

Giant thanks to all the great friends/fans who spent some of their Wednesday night with me and my music!

No comments: