Thursday, September 23, 2010

Report: Zak Live on StreamJam ep. VII (09.22.10)



VIDEO LINK

Last night (September 22), we had a celestial event: the Super Harvest Moon. I'd never heard of it before either, but it's pretty cool.

Northern summer changes to fall on Sept. 22nd at 11:09 pm EDT. At that precise moment, called the autumnal equinox, the Harvest Moon can be found soaring high overhead with the planet Jupiter right beside it. The two brightest objects in the night sky will be in spectacular conjunction to mark the change in seasons.


So, we had this amazing full moon at the precise moment summer ended and fall began, just as I wrapped up my show. It only happens once every 20 years or so (next one will be in 2029), and if you're a mystical person, maybe it'll explain why I played so damn well last night. I mean, I usually play pretty well... I have no complaints about what talent I have, and I'm thankful for it. But everything was working last night... the guitar felt perfect and my voice completely unencumbered by any strain. I don't think I missed a note in a full hour of performing. It was freakishly good, and I felt good while I played.

I rock; therefore I sweat. Good times at StreamJam VII. Photo by Kat.



I also felt good because we had a good crowd. Not a big crowd; a good crowd. All of the serious Zaksters along with a few other good pals dropped by. Their enjoyment of the show reverberated back to me, which made me play even better, which made them be even happier, and so on and so forth. It was like a feedback loop of goodness. I also was very satisfied with the first live performance of a new, as-yet-untitled instrumental I'm working on. I wouldn't have normally played a song in progress, but as I said, it was a good crowd and I wanted to give them something special.

StreamJam #7 Set List...
Go Easy On Me (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
*Untitled Instrumental (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to everyone who came to the show! See you next time on Wed. Oct 6!

No comments: