Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Pocket (09.10.10)

The Pocket is a great place for live performance, day...


... or night. Photo credits: Triana Caldera (top), Kat Claxton (bottom).


FREE SONG SAMPLE: "I've Been Waiting For You" (Neil Young)

I'm sure this is a pretty common situation: I'd been aware of The Pocket for a long time, and the folks who run The Pocket were aware of me as well. But for whatever reason, we never made a connection... I'd never asked to play there, and they'd never invited me. With the hundreds and hundreds of live music venues in Second Life, you just have to expect that you're never going to hook up with all of them. But last week, while I was playing at another place, Delinda Dyrssen happened to catch my show, and asked if I'd like to perform at The Pocket. I accepted, and I'm really glad I did: I had a great time playing their weekly Friday night show!

Especially considering that the Friday night 8:00PM slot in SL is really a highly competitive time for shows, with literally dozens and dozens of other artists playing at the same time around the grid, I was very happy about the crowd that came out. Not only was the crowd fairly good sized once we got rolling, but there were a good number of serious well-known live music lovers who showed up. I was really happy about this.

In any case, I've noted many times here that I enjoy playing at SL venues that are new to me, and The Pocket was terrific in that regard. I definitely hope to play there again in the future. The show itself went well, with my doing a pretty good combination of originals and covers.

Set List at The Pocket...
Nobody Home (Pink Floyd)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
I've Been Waiting For You (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Sex & Candy (Marcy Playground)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Beatles)
Edith and the Kingpin (Joni Mitchell)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Is It In My Head (The Who)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to everyone at The Pocket who helped support my show!
Triana Caldera, Cellandra Zon, Alexis Fairlady, Aurelie Chenaux, Charm March, gwampa Lomu, Mootly Obviate, Kat Claxton, and The Pocket's great staff, Delinda Dyrssen and OhMy Kidd!

2 comments:

Delinda Dyrssen said...

Thank Zak it was great having you and we need to get you back again soon!

Unknown said...

You played a great show for us, thank you Zak - hope to see you again, at the Pocket and around the grid.