Friday, May 14, 2010

Dubai (05.14.10)



I'd be okay with saying that the small crowd who came to my show at Dubai today had a good time, and I'd also say that I was happy to find my voice in good form and my guitar playing smooth. On the flip side, as an artist, you have to be patient with people who don't have a lot of experience hosting music events. I exhibited some of that patience today, but once we got rolling, I enjoyed doing the show.

The people, mostly Italian, were very nice and appreciative of the tunes, and I managed to wedge 13 songs into the hour, mostly because I couldn't blab as much to people between tunes (since I wasn't sure anyone else spoke English). In any case, I think I gained a new fan or two while I was there. Win.

Dubai set list...
*De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da (The Police)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Any Major Dude (Steely Dan)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Shine (Zak Claxton)
†The Right Thing to Do (Carly Simon)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Big Yellow Taxi (Joni MItchell)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates the fist time I've played this song in SL.
†Last performance of "The Right Thing To Do": August 4, 2008

Thanks to all who supported my show at Dubai!
milla Rasmuson, Crow Titanium, Talia Alchemi, Kat Claxton, davide Garobie, Grace Miliandrovic, Dubai owner stefano Bowler, and my lovely manager Sandy Demina!

No comments: