Thursday, December 24, 2009

Z's Music Club (12.23.09)




I first played at Z's Music Club back in October, and I liked the vibe there, so when Throughthesewalls Moody offered me another gig there, I was happy to accept. It would be prudent at this point to mention that SL has been very kind to me over 2009, with nary a show affected by problems with the grid. In other words, I was due. When it came time for my show to start and only 7-8 folks were hanging out (and none of my regulars), I began to get a little suspicious. Soon my fears were confirmed; the grid was, as they say, borked. Logins were disabled, teleports were broken, and transactions were impossible. Yay!

Despite that, we ended up having a really fun show. And finally, after about 40 minutes, the SL problems cleared up and we had a nice rush of people for the last section of the show.

The Set List...
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Long December (Counting Crows)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
†Tangled Up in Blue (Bob Dylan)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Under Pressure (Queen and David Bowie)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Court and Sprak (Joni Mitchell)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)

†Only played once before in SL (06.20.09)

Thanks to those who made it to the show, and those who waited patiently until they could! Thanks for your support!
Bear Morgwain, Athena Rubanis, Hawk Claven, EveMarie Caffarelli, Cadence Senizen, Perkey Felwitch, Hadrian Troncon, Maaltie Branagh, Aurelie Chenaux, Kat Claxton, Richy Nervous, Mack Humbridge, Diana Renoir, Xerxes Ninetails, Candie Sparkle, qweasd Zeritonga, Latte Dagostino, Z's great hostess Jadzia Vasser, and "Z" herself, Zelema Wrigglesworth!

No comments: