Sunday, December 20, 2009

SL Album Release Party (12.18.09)




I was a little concerned going into the third and final event for the release of my album. I was starting to feel like I'd been deluging the world with a few too many events. Yeah, I know that some people play multiple times per day, and my three release events in one week wasn't all that bad. But I was sort of bracing myself for disappointment. For one thing, we were hosting it at our brand new Club at COYOTE, so it's not like it was a place where people knew as a hang-out spot. Also, we'd had a good turnout at the last two shows in various ways, and I was prepared to have no one show up for the last event, which was the official album listening party for my SL friends/fans.

I really should have known better. The Zaksters are a hardcore bunch, and they came out to offer support in a big way for Friday's show. This really was a unique show in all my gigs in SL to date. Why? I didn't pick up and guitar or sing! Instead, I was the DJ for the night, and I played back my entire album, while making commentary between each track. I told the folks who were there all of the inspiration, musical or otherwise, for every song, and told them a few things to listen for that I haven't noted elsewhere (and probably won't in the future either). For the people who attended, I think it was a really fun and different kind of Zak Show, and it seemed that everyone enjoyed it. I know I did.

If this were a typical show, I'd place a set list right here. I suppose I will anyway... but it's simply the track list from my album, from start to end.

Lines on your Eyes (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
The Sands of Redondo (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Waxing Gibbous (Zak Claxton)
Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)

Huge thanks to everyone who came to the SL Album Release Listening Party! You f'ing rule!
fatzo Runo, Kat Claxton, Xerxes Ninetails, hexx Triskaidekaphobia, Diana Renoir, Bree Birke, Shellie Sands, Alchemy Epstein, Biff Zond, Bibi Ballinger, Triana Caldera, Kat Keen, Feather Osterham, Jezebel Xue, Nakira Tennen, Magnolia Anthony, BuffaloMike Hammerer, dragonfly Olson, Broody Flow, Wildflower Serendipity, Ginger Marseille, Kira Robbiani, Basil Brooks, and anyone else who I missed or was listening in on the stream. You people are THE BEST.

No comments: