Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pink Candy (12.06.09)




Sorry I'm a few days late with this show report... it's been, heh heh, a slightly busy week so far.

I played at Pink Candy for the first time on Sunday. Cool place; kind of has the vibe of a house party. As I've said before several times, I prefer to play places in SL that have a smaller design, rather than giant pseudo stadiums and warehouse-sized clubs. I think perhaps it's because my music is more intimate, and because I usually don't have giant crowds, so 20 people in a smaller place feels like a more happening show than those same 20 people scattered across a football field-sized area.

Anyway, it was a good show... we got most of the Zaksters out there, and made a few new friends too. I actually took a request... rare for me, but it was for Nail Young, and I already had the harmonica strapped on, and it was from Vanity Sugarplum, the club owner. How could I refuse? In any case, I'm sure I'll be back there again sometime soon.

The Set List...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Rock and Roll Woman (Buffalo Springfield)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Things Behind the Sun (Nick Drake)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Lines on your Eyes (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to the folks who supported my show at Pink Candy!
Diana Renoir, Callinet Dagostino, Aurelie Chenaux, Cullan Padroclum, Toffee Kira, Kat Claxton, Senjata Witt, Jeaninne Mathilde, jsmn Yao, and Pink Candy owner/music lover Vanity Sugarplum!

No comments: