Thursday, December 17, 2009

IndieSpectrum Radio (12.16.09)



As Part 2 of my evil plan to take over the world album release rollout, we did a special show at the IndieSpectrum Stage. And when I say "we", I actually mean more than one person this time. Kat joined me onstage for this show, not to bang a tambourine or sing backup, but as my own personal journalist who interviewed me about the album between songs. Now why would we do that? First, because people do seem to want to know more about the album, and second, because the show was being broadcast live over IndieSpectrum Radio, and I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to talk to a lot of folks at once.

So, Kat got on stage with me, and got her own mic both in SL and real life, and every so often, while I was getting another song ready, Kat would shoot me questions, which I'd more or less answer. The show itself went really well, with one glaring exception of when I retuned the guitar for "Lines on your Eyes" and I didn't quite leave the low string exactly on a D. But no matter: it was a fun show, and we had a small but happy crowd there in person in addition to the folks listening to the stream, so I think it went well.

Note that as I was being broadcast on IndieSpectrum (and because it was part of the album release event series), I once again stuck to all originals... all songs found on the Zak Claxton album.

Set List at IndieSpectrum Stage...
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Lines on your Eyes (Zak Claxton)
Waxing Gibbous (Zak Claxton)
Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)

Big thanks to everyone who tuned into IndieSpectrum.com and heard me rock, as well as the folks who were there and supported the show!
Tommy Cult, Tauri Tigerpaw, Triana Caldera, Diana Renoir, Gwen Difference, Etierre Bonde, Cullan Padroclum, Clarissa Pastorelli, and IndieSpectrum owner Fox Reinsch!

No comments: