Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Italian Mood (11.10.09)


Less talking; more rocking.

I've been blabbing a bit here on the blog, and you can't entirely blame me. I mean, I have stuff going on. Know what I'm saying? The prep for the album release gives me a lot of fodder for conversation. But still, isn't the point of being a musician playing music, rather than designing album covers or creating radio commercials?

We all know that every successful musician wears many hats, but I find that if too much time passes between shows, I start getting antsy. So it was time to stop typing and start strumming! I had my debut today at Italian Mood, a place I'd heard about many times but had never played before. Turns out it was a great fit for my music. Run by Second Life music lover Sandy Demina and her musician partner Swina Allen, Italian Mood was a superb spot to showcase my music to an audience mostly made up of people in Italy. We also had a good complement of Zaksters on hand as well. It made for a fun show, and I can tell you, I'll definitely be performing there again sometime.

Apparently, Swina puts together videos of the artists that play at Italian Mood and posts them to their blog. As soon as I see mine, I'll post a link!

The Set List of the Day...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Rikki Don't Lose That Number (Steely Dan)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
A Day in the Life (Beatles)

Thanks to everyone who helped support my show today!
Diana Renoir, Jordan Hazlitt, Fawn Rexen, Horizon Darkstone, eluna Baramm, Ceridwen Albion, Lilly Dilley, EvaMoon Ember, Enemy Ashbourne, Aurelie Chenaux, and our hosts Swina Allen and Sandy Demina!

No comments: