Monday, September 28, 2009

"Thanks Anyway" Studio Mix



I don't usually explain too much about my songs, and I have no plans of starting to now. You hear the song; perhaps you like it, perhaps you don't. But if any piece of art can't exist without every onlooker knowing the exact intentions of the artist, it probably isn't all that great to start with.

That having been said, I'll tell you a couple of things about this latest track for my upcoming album that you can probably figure out on your own. First, it's the most straightforward pop song on the whole album. Second, it has a slightly juxtaposed effect of having pretty dark lyrics on top of this very light and airy musical motif. Finally, I've been playing this song in my live shows as a solo acoustic song (with just guitar and voice) for so long now that even though I was the one who recorded this track, it took me by surprise, hearing it mixed for the first time this morning. It's a nice feeling, having a song turn new again.

We're now down to two final songs remaining to be mixed, which will happen very soon. In the meantime, please enjoy "Thanks Anyway".




Zak%20Claxton
Quantcast

"Thanks Anyway"

1 comment:

Alan Hargreaves said...

Just had a listen. Dayum, sounding good brother!

Linked to you from my reverbnation too :)

Alan/Tpenta