Monday, June 8, 2009

The Closing of Bay Vista (06.08.09)


Damn! Another good SL venue, locking the doors and throwing away the keys. Actually, in the case of Bay Vista, I think the massive time commitment by Charm March, Gretchen Capalini and their pals just got to be too much for them. They've been terrific supporters of live music in SL, so they deserve a hand for their great efforts.

They held their final shows today, and I was honored to be on the bill with some other really good SL musicians. My show went smoothly, and I felt it was pretty strong all the way through. Had a nice sized crowd -- audience numbers are rising lately at most of my shows, for some inexplicable reason. So today was cool, and I enjoyed myself, and despite it being the end of a fun place in SL, I think the people in the audience dug it too.

The set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Old Man (Neil Young)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
What I Got (Sublime)
Mother (Pink Floyd)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits For You (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to everyone who helped support today's show!
AnnieBlue Octavia, Kat Keen, pamela Imako, joel Telling, BackHome Soon, Aurelie Chenaux, and most of all, Charm March and Gretchen Capalini!

No comments: