Sunday, May 31, 2009

X Factor (05.31.09)




When I got into Facebook awhile back, one of the more interesting and fun people I met there was Diana Renoir. She checked out a show of mine at some point (probably after shameless self-promotion on my behalf) and has come to a bunch of shows since then. When she threw out the idea of having me play at the grand reopening of X Factor, the store she owns with her hubby Xerxes Ninetails, I was happy to accept. Plus, I just happened to be looking for a show to play this weekend, so it couldn't have worked out better.

Started off with a light crowd, but then as tends to happen in SL shows, people drifted in over the course of the hour. By the end, we had 20+ there and folks seemed to be enjoying themselves. I had fun, so I can't complain either. Oh, and to liven things up, I threw in a new cover... of Depeche Mode on acoustic guitar. Hey, you only live once.

Song Sample: "Come Around" (Zak Claxton)

The Set List, Maestro!
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
The Man Who Sold The World (David Bowie)
Fade Away (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (Neil Young)
Time Never Waits For You (Zak Claxton)
Nobody Home (Pink Floyd)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
*Everything Counts (Depeche Mode)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
If You Could Only See (Tonic)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)

*Indicates the first time I've performed this song in SL.

Thanks to the people who helped support my show!
Golan Eilde, Bushido Contepomi, Jordan Hazlitt, Josetta Foxclaw, Horizon Darkstone, Kat Claxton, Triana Caldera, and our hosts of the day, Diana Renoir and Xerxes Ninetails!

No comments: