Thursday, April 30, 2009

Notes Shack Pub (04.30.09)


I really never know what to expect when I play at Krakov Letov's little bar in SL, the Notes Shack Pub. All I can tell you is that I seem to have a fun time every time I play there, and it doesn't seem to matter whether the place is empty or packed. Of course, I tend to prefer the latter, and we scrounged up a nice sized crowd of about 25 today for my 2:00PM show.

By the way: at 11:30AM, I went into the Notes Shack and started getting myself ready to play. That is, until Krakov reminded me that I wasn't scheduled to take the stage until 2:00. Oops. I thought it was noon for some reason. Ah well, no harm done.

So, as you ZakBlog readers know, I've been focusing a lot on my original tunes lately, and I think it's been great playing my own stuff nearly exclusively. But every once in awhile, everyone needs some variety in their lives. I decided that the Notes Shack would be a fun place to go "Old School Zak" and pull out a bunch of covers to mix into the set. I think we all had a great time as a result. I definitely had some good energy coming back at me from the crowd.

Here's the "Old School Zak" set list...
Bertha (Grateful Dead)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Little Wing (Jimi Hendrix)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Comes a Time (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Tea in the Sahara (The Police)
Nowhere Man (Beatles)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Love Hurts (Everly Brothers)

Thanks to everyone who helped support my show...
Horizon Darkstone, Obeloinkment Wrigglesworth, Triana Caldera, Diana Renoir, BJ Barbosa, Gretchen Capalini, and the mighty Krakov Letov!

No comments: