Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Relay for Life Clothing Fair (03.18.09)

EvaMoon Ember takes the stage right after I finish my show.

I kept some very positive energy flowing for most of the day today, in sharp contrast to recent times dealing with illness, work pressure and all that stuff that tends to take away from the ideal mindset for music performance. But the winds of change seem to be blowing in, and it couldn't happen at a better time. Today, for example, saw me playing at Relay for Life's Clothing Fair, and it was a pretty great gig.

First of all, donating my time to support the fight against cancer? I mean, I have to get major karma points for that. That just has to be good, right? Second, I am finally feeling almost back to my usual healthy self after a few days of being pretty ill, and therefore sorry for myself and mopey and all that. So, getting closer to my normal mode put me in a good mood, and gave me more energy than I've had for some time. So I took that vibe to the show with me.

Had a decent mid-sized crowd, and people seemed to be enjoying themselves. I followed my current trend of sticking mostly to originals, and it went well. In fact...

Here's the set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
Help Me (Joni Mitchell)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Waiting for This (Zak Claxton)
Lines On Your Eyes (Zak Claxton)

So, just three covers for the entire set... not too shabby. And it all was fun, and all for a great cause. Thanks to everyone who supported the ACS by donating during my show today. For more info on Second Life's Relay for Life, visit http://www.rflofsl.org/.

No comments: