Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Notes Shack (03.26.09)

I'll start by saying I had a good time at the Notes Shack today -- I always do. But for whatever reason, it was a really small crowd today. The last couple of shows, though fun and well performed and all that, have been really small in the audience department. Some musicians get discouraged about that stuff, but I really try and connect with people on an individual basis when I do my shows. My main goal is letting people get to know my original music, so sometimes a small crowd can be more intimate and cool.

In any case, none of this mattered much, as I put on the same show at Notes Shack's small crowd today as I would have for a sim full of people. Well, except I probably wouldn't have had room to jump off the stage and play on top of a table. That was kinda fun.

The set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Rikki Don't Lose That Number (Steely Dan)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Time Never Waits for You (Zak Claxton)
Big Bad Bill (Van Halen)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Come Around (Zak Claxton)
A Day In The Life (Beatles)
Waiting For This (Zak Claxton)
Lines On Your Eyes (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to the folks who supported my show!
Ethem Planer, Mimi Carpenter, Isolda Imako, Alex Barth, and our host, Krakov Letov!

No comments: