Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Whooooo! The Jester Inn (02.17.09)


As you readers know (hey, wait: are there any readers of this blog? I never know for sure. Not terribly worried about it. You, random reader, are welcome and even encouraged to make comments and stuff, but don't feel compelled to do so. No pressure), I had a cold, and colds are not conducive to great musical performances, generally speaking. And truth be told, more importantly, I really felt like crap. If you've seen a Zak show, you know that being all sick and downtrodden doesn't jibe with my vibe.

Anywhooooo, I had a show today that I've been waiting for like a year to play! And I don't think I'm exaggerating. I've seen at least a dozen shows at The Jester Inn, and I always dug it there. Every so often, I'd hit up Harrie Skjellerup to see if she had an open slot where I could do my show. I really knew I'd be a good fit there, but we could never seem to get it together. Finally, with perfect timing, Harrie got in touch with some open dates just as I was getting ready to reach out and book some shows, and I jumped on it.

What can I say about today's show? First, we had an awesome crowd. I know we passed 40, but it was more than the head count that mattered. Some of my favorite people in SL popped in, including some of the most hard core live music fans. It was their enthusiasm that made me feel at home at the Jester, and I think as my comfort level grew, I channeled that into doing a pretty fun show. I know I had a great time!

Since it was my first show back after a sporadic start to 2009, I kept the set list pretty conservative (for me). But all the songs went over really well, and I'm really looking forward to my next adventure there!

Song Sample: "Thank You" (Led Zeppelin)

The set list...
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Old Man (Neil Young)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
What I got (Sublime)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)

Big thanks to the folks who came out to the show today, especially the ones who helped support my show!
Jeaninne Mathilde, Madelin Benelli, Peter Dixon, Fyrm Fouroux, redrose Kohime, Mystique Sassoon, Mimi Carpenter, Ridcully Haggwood, Missy Stransky, Katja Runo, Roni Navarathna, Serene Bechir, HomeLess Martian, Ika Cioc, Kia Bomse, and most of all, Harrie Skjellerup!

No comments: