Monday, November 17, 2008

Rocking Triana's Music Trivia (11.16.08)

Have I ever mentioned how great Triana Caldera is? Well let me tell ya, if there was a "Coolest Chick in SL that Isn't My Girlfriend" award, she'd be a shoo-in.

As I may have mentioned before, Kat and I try to spend every Sunday night at 7:00PM at Triana's Music Trivia, which happens to be SL's longest-running trivia game. The weekly event is a really fun social gathering, and Kat and I have been attending for over two years now. Usually TMT is DJed by Samantha Poindexter, but every so often, usually only on special occasions, Triana has a live performer there. I've played TMT a few times now, and Kaklick Martin has a couple of times as well.

Sunday night, even though I was still a little mentally and physically burned out from my recording session the day before, I was really looking forward to doing my show at TMT. I think it was probably my favorite show I've done there, since I was slightly punchy and was therefore in extreme silly mode.

The zany crew at TMT dances while I rock them.

Playing "Triana" for Triana!

So, it was a fun show, and since I'd been doing nothing but playing guitar and singing for the 24 hours previous, I was at least nice and warmed up when I got onstage. Since I was with friends, I threw out a couple of tunes I'd never done before in SL, and they were more fun than I'd thought they would be.

Song Sample #1: "Triana (Mellow Version)" (Zak Claxton)

Song Sample #2: "Tribute" (Tenacious D)


And here's what I played...

This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Triana (Zak Claxton)
*Boyz in the Hood (Dynamite Hack)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Mother's Little Helper (Rolling Stones)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Six Underground (Sneaker Pimps)
*We Are The Champions (Queen)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
Old Man (Neil Young)

*Indicates the first time I've played this song in SL.

Thanks to the people who supported my show, and all my friends at TMT!
Alchemy Epstein, Nakira Tennen, Samantha Poindexter, Tommy Cult, Kaklick Martin, Catz Mora, Hef Hifeng, MrNoCal Honey, Bosco Constantine, Rey Tardis, and of course, Kat's and my Second Life girlfriend, Triana Caldera

No comments: