Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good Times at The Notes Shack (10.14.08)

Marking my third day in a row of rocking SL was this semi-rare midday show in the middle of the week. Krakov Letov hit me up a couple of days ago to see if I was available today at 2:00, and I decided that it seemed a fine time to do some ZakTunes™, so I agreed. Taking a break from my work day was rather nice, and having just come back from the chiropractor that morning, I was feeling like a noodle as I eased into a mostly classic rock-themed edition of the Zak Show at The Notes Shack.

Another cool note: I had no idea, but the Born Again Pagans had the slot preceding me, and rocked the house! Madame Amoufhaz and hexx Triskaidekaphobia were terrific, and I was feeling great from the moment I stepped onstage from their awesome sonic extravaganza.

Speaking of which, here's my set list:

Pigs on the Wing - Part 1 (Pink Floyd)
A Day in the Life (Beatles)
Sister Golden Hair (America)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (Crosby, Stills and Nash)
Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
Just Like Starting Over (John Lennon)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Love Hurts (Everly Brothers)
If You Could Only See (Tonic)
Won't Get Fooled Again (The Who)

Big thanks to the following folks who helped me rock them!
Sally Silvera, Star Korhonen, Grateful Stryker, Krakov Letov, Lyn Carlberg, Artel Brando, Horizon Darkstone, Eli Schlegal, jsmn Yao, hexx Triskaidekaphobia, and Krakov Letov!

No comments: