Tuesday, October 7, 2008

And back to the present: Crystal Sands (10.06.08)

Ya know, there's truly no rhyme nor reason as to why my guitar playing and singing can sound great sometimes and less than great at others. Monday's show at Crystal Sands is a perfect example. I'd flown home from a business trip late the night before, had gotten less than enough sleep, and hadn't treated my voice very well lately. Despite all that, I felt performance-wise my show was one of the best I've ever done in SL. Yeah, seriously.

On a side note, we really need to get Kat back into SL, with a new computer or whatever it takes. I love having her sit next to me here in RL while I play, but everyone at my shows has a great time with her in world. We'll get it fixed.

Anyway, good show, nice crowd throughout most of it, including new listeners and old friends as well. Good times.

Here's the set list.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
You Can't Always Get What You Want (Rolling Stones)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
I Am The Walrus (Beatles)
Rikki Don't Lose That Number (Steely Dan)
California (Joni Mitchell)
Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Powderfinger (Neil Young)
She's Always a Woman (Billy Joel)
Love Hurts (The Everly Brothers)

And thank you, thank you, thank you to the people who supported my show!
Blood Klotzel, dragonfly Olsen, Feather Osterham, Sharn Parker, Tooobi Jarvinen, Basil Brooks, Ictus Belford, Carrie Laysan, Talos Fabre, Elle Metty, Anje Figueroa, and as usual, Sandi Benelli!

No comments: