Friday, August 8, 2008

Zak Claxton Art Show at Nantucket (starting 08.10.08)



Some of you may not know that in addition to my escapades as a musician both in the virtual world and the real one as well, I am also a visual artist. My RL job involves creating original graphic design for magazine ads, print brochures, product packaging, web sites, signs, and more. I've never seriously promoted myself as an artist in SL, but occasionally I've taken some of my art, framed it, and thrown it out where people can see it.

Well, someone saw it, and I was surprised one day to get an IM from Signey Gustafson, representing New England in SL. She'd seen my work and was interested in having me do a full-fledge exhibit of my art. I was frankly surprised; while I create art every day for my job, in SL I am really only known as a live musician. But after reassuring myself that Signey wouldn't have asked unless she liked my stuff, I'm happy to say that for the first time ever, a Zak Claxton art exhibit will be seen in SL!

The exhibit will be held at Nantucket Town Square, starting on Sunday August 10. For more information, please see the article on the SLNE web site.

No comments: