Saturday, August 2, 2008

Jerry Day at Sunshine Daydream (08.02.08)

In honor of Jerry Garcia's birthday, Sunshine Daydream held an all-day Deadfest today, with 12 hours of SL artists performing Dead tunes. My slot was from 3:00-4:00, and other than a couple of issues with the stream and a very rare SL crash, it was a fun show. It's always cool to branch out from my usual list of songs, so I not only did an all-Dead set, but also added a few tunes I've never played before in SL. Good times.


Sunshine Daydream was nicely decorated for the event. Great times were had by all.


I have no idea how/why I'm smiling in every pic Sally Silvera takes of me!



Two of my favorite pics ever... DJ Doubledown Tandino enjoys the Zak show from his bathtub.

Song Sample #1: ""Jack Straw" (Grateful Dead)

Song Sample #2: "Sugar Magnolia" (Grateful Dead)

Note: Please enjoy my complete demolishing of the third verse of "Sugar Magnolia" above. I certainly did!

Dead Set:

Bertha (Grateful Dead)
Terrapin Station (Grateful Dead)
Brown Eyed Women (Grateful Dead)
*Casey Jones (Grateful Dead)
Looks Like Rain (Grateful Dead)
Cassidy (Grateful Dead)
Jack Srtaw (Grateful Dead)
Black Peter (Grateful Dead)
*Sugar Magnolia (Grateful Dead)
*Truckin' (Grateful Dead)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to the Deadheads at Sunshine Daydream who supported my show!
Gretchen Capalini, Grateful Stryker, Kat Claxton, Sally Silvera, Phoenixa Sol, Janor Slichter, Sandi Benelli, and Blood Klotzel!

1 comment:

Jess said...

OMG I totally cracked up when I saw the pictures of DD in his bathtub. Classic.