Saturday, July 12, 2008

Surprise! Zak at Triumph Cove (07.12.08)

I awoke today being aware that for the first time in awhile, I wasn't going to be performing on a Saturday. My only plans of the day involved hanging out with my son, doing some grocery shopping, and general laziness. That was, until noon or so, when Ursula Cinquetti dropped me a message to see if I could fill in for Charles Coleman at Triumph Cove at 5:00. At first I was a little hesitant, but then she also let me know who was playing after me... Max Kleene. Well, every time I've played before Max, I've enjoyed the benefit of being there when his massive crowd started to filter in. This time was no exception. It was a fun, totally unplanned show, and I think the folks who were there had fun. I definitely did. :)


Zak in the round.


Pretty sim, nice crowd, can't ask for more.

Song Sample: "All-Star" (Smash Mouth)

The set list, maestro:

Help Me (Joni Mitchell)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Nowhere Man (Beatles)
Sex & Candy (Marcy Playground)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
Tempted (Squeeze)
Rikki Don't Lose That Number (Steely Dan)
Six Underground (Sneaker Pimps)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Tribute (Tenacious D)
*All-Star (Smash Mouth)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
Jer Vought, Kat Claxton, Grant Herrey, Maria Schreiner, Ian Banach, Sandi Benelli, and especially Ursula Cinquetti!

No comments: