Sunday, July 13, 2008

Opening for Max Kleene at Inspiration Cove (07.13.08)

I admit it: I'm an SL gigging whore.

Keeping in mind that I wasn't planning on playing at ALL this weekend, I ended up playing Friday, Saturday, and now Sunday as well. It's not my fault, your honor. I really was going to relax, but first I couldn't pass up playing for Bree Birke at Nitida Ridge, and then yesterday Urusla Cinquetti had me fill in at Triumph Cove.

But since Kat had already scheduled Maximillion Kleene to perform at Inspiration Cove, and I had that little taste of sponging off Max's crowd yesterday, I decided to volunteer to open for Max again today. You know, out of the goodness of my heart, not at all having to do with the 10,000,000 people that tend to show up at every Max Kleene show. Purely altruistic, I am.


Thanks for coming (to see Max)!


"You're Like a Cloud" went over well! See how happy I look! Thanks to Triana Caldera for the pics.

So, I used the opportunity for a quick half-hour show of my originals only, the first time I've done that in SL, ever. And it actually went well! Had a tiny crowd at the start (doing shows on the half hour in Sl is always risky at best), but as more folks drifted in and Max's crowd began to arrive, it was a really great opportunity to showcase my tunes.

Here's what I played:

This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
CuteMandy Hesse, RoseDrop Rust, Revika Quintessa, Hathornefer Gaea, Triana Caldera, Luka Mikoyan, Tessa Rhiadra, Stella Silvansky, Alex Barth, and most of all, my love Kat Claxton!

No comments: