Sunday, July 6, 2008

Grand opening: Inspiration Cove (07.06.08)

I had two shows today, both of them kind of special. As such (note the set list below and in the post above), I pulled out three songs over the two shows that I'd never performed in SL before. Me likee the new stuff! Keeps me fresh, like a warm summer's eve.

Anyway...

My first show was at Inspiration Cove, the new island owned by Encore Design Group (the SL design business owned by AnnGee Li and my darling Kat Claxton). They were hosting their grand opening, and hired some entertainment to help bring in some traffic. Well, I happen to have an "in" with the owners, so I became the first live musician to play there (there was a DJ last night, Trust Kovacs, who did a great job, BTW).


A lovely lagoon is a good place for a stage.


My view of the festivities.

Didn't manage to get a huge crowd; there's a lot of competing shows at 3:00 on a Saturday. However, those that were there seemed to be having a great time, and enough people were coming in and out that I think we got a decent number of folks being aware of Inspiration Cove, so that's not a bad thing at all. So, we had fun, played some tunes, and even had two brand new ones in the set, as seen... well, right here.

The set list:

*Carey (Joni Mitchell)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
The Man Who Sold The World (David Bowie)
Terrapin Station (Grateful Dead)
Always Tomorrow (Zak Claxton)
For The Turnstiles (Neil Young)
Thanks Anyway (Zak Claxton)
*Driven To Tears (The Police)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Soul Kitchen (The Doors)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Go To the Mirror! (The Who)
Old Man (Neil Young)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to the following folks who supported my show:
Ceemore Paine, Sandi Benelli, Steven Hynes, Emme Slade, Bree Birke, Timmie Mehrtens, fabilene Cortes, and of course, Inspiration Island owners AnnGee Li and Kat Claxton!

No comments: