Sunday, May 25, 2008

Stonehenge (05.24.08, 3:00PM SLT)




I did NOT have high hopes for either of my two shows today. My lower back has been giving me problems (I spent an hour being twisted and tortured at the chiropractor's office Friday morning), and the very thought of holding a dreadnought acoustic guitar and singing seemed like it would be hell on my poor spine. So, as I arrived at Stonehenge Arena for my 3:00 performance, I told proprietor (and fellow musician) Lyn Carlberg that he should be prepared to jump in and take over my performance if he heard anything resembling a scream and a thud.

Well, I was worried for nothing; if anything, playing today seemed to help my back rather than hurt it. After I tentatively did the first few songs and realized I wasn't in severe pain, I was able to get into the show and had a great time as usual at Stonehenge. Nice folks, decent crowd, and a good time for everyone, I think. I'd also like to thank the Advil I popped like Pez before the show. :)

Song Sample: "Stonehenge" (Spinal Tap)

The set list:

Help Me (Joni Mitchell)
Wild Horses (Rolling Stones)
This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
Fire & Rain (James Taylor)
What I Got (Sublime)
You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Stonehenge (Spinal Tap)
Goodbye Blue Sky (Pink Floyd)
Rikki Don't Lose that Number (Steely Dan)
Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Heart of Gold (Neil Young)

Thanks to the following folks who helped to support my show:
Grace McDunnough, Jer Susser, Stolyn Nightfire, Kat Claxton, Gia Hutchence, BobbiJo Jonson, Ashlin Dreamscape, Sally Silvera, and especially Tessira Soderstrom and Lyn Carlberg!

No comments: