Monday, May 12, 2008

Crystal Sands (05.12.08)

I've decided a fresh start is the best way to go, so we're going to continue this blog with new show reports. If you want to see the old stuff, it's going to remain static over at ye olde MySpace blog. Besides, the mere thought of moving six months of posts over here was giving me the willies, so we'll blow that off and forge ahead!

I perform every Monday evening at 5:00PM SLT at Crystal Sands, a terrific spot in SL run by Sandi Benelli where live music is supported 100%. It's a great place for audience and musicians alike. I had fun, with a new original to debut ("You're Like a Cloud", which I just did the demo for this weekend) and a new cover too ("Bell Boy", which was awesome), plus a nice selection of other songs, or so I think. My opening act was the talented Elvis Duffy, and it was nice sharing a bill with him for the first time.

Song Sample: "Any Major Dude" (Steely Dan)

The set list:

This Afternoon (Zak Claxton)
I Am a Child (Neil Young)
*Bell Boy (The Who)
Help me (Joni Mitchell)
Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie)
*You're Like a Cloud (Zak Claxton)
Any Major Dude (Steely Dan)
Comes a Time (Neil Young)
Falling Down (Zak Claxton)
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
Old Man (Neil Young)
Accidents Will Happen (Elvis Costello)

*Indicates first time I've performed this song in SL

Thanks to the following people who helped support my show tonight!
Carrie Laysan, Elvis Duffy, Basil Brooks, Chris Ohl, Lolly Gladstone, Vadan Ziskey, Kat Claxton, CoolCat Maximus, PukaD Dingo, and especially Sandi Benelli.

No comments: